Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blithe Spirit

I really like Noel Coward's 'haunting' comedy, "Blithe Spirit." I've now seen it 3 times: in Toronto eons ago, in London a couple of decades ago, and in New York tonight.

Hard to say which production I liked best. I knew many of the actors in the Toronto production. The special effects and actress who portrayed the sexy ghost of the writer's first wife were splendid in the London production. And Angela Lansbury (in the center of the picture) was zanily wonderful as the medium in the current production, running at the Shubert Theatre on 44th Street, just off Times Square.
(AP Photo/Jeffrey Richards Associates, Robert J. Saferstein)

My mother, husband, and I had a terrific evening. I was able to get dinner reservations at Sardi's, literally across the street from the Shubert. We all chose the prix fixe dinner, because the selections were varied enough to meet our various tastes, and even accommodate my allergies.

Following that delicious meal with a funny, 'old chestnut' of a play made for a perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. I appreciate your contribution.